Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Pair of Gift Tags




These are a couple of tags that I made over the weekend to use up some extra stars that I had left over from other projects.  I am entering them in the Moxie Fab World Gift Tag Challenge.  These challenges are so much fun - I'm having a great time looking at all the pretty things that everyone creates. 

In other news, the art teacher at my school asked to borrow my art journal to teach her students about the process (she doesn't actually keep one herself).  I was really flattered and nervous because she's a trained artist and I was worried about what she would think about my pages. Also, I was worried about the kids seeing it AT ALL because it's personal.  It seemed smarter to keep it to myself, but in the end I just stapled up the really private pages and handed it over.  I hope I made the right decision.  You're supposed to embrace your fears, right?  And fear of criticism is definitely one of mine.  It's part of the reason why I started this blog.  ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could all see your journal! Love seeing what creative people do. If your darling tags are any indication, the journal needs to be shared. Kids are always the kindest and so free with appreciation. Love their creative abandon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete